2021 Spotlight! Spring Production
Spotlight! (ages 8 & up): Shrek
- Rehearsals: January 11- May 23
- Mondays: 6-8:30
- Thursdays: 6-8
- Shows: May 14 @ 7pm, May 15 @ 7pm, May 16 @ 2pm & 7pm, May 21 @ 7pm, May 22 @ 7pm, May 23 @ 2pm & 7pm
The requirements for the audition are listed below.
- a memorized monologue
- 16-32 bar cut of music
- This is a multi-generational audition only group. Ages 8 and up are welcome!
- Once you have received a part, you will receive a welcome letter and registration form.
- Cost will be $250
Musical Theatre for Ages 7-16
Newsies – July 19 – August 6
Performance Weekend: August 6-8
It’s time to carry the banner on your stage with Disney’s Newsies! Set in turn-of-the century New York City, Newsies is the rousing tale of Jack Kelly, a charismatic newsboy and leader of a band of teenaged “newsies.” When titans of publishing raise distribution prices at the newsboys’ expense, Jack rallies newsies from across the city to strike against the unfair conditions and fight for what’s right!
Based on the 1992 motion picture and inspired by a true story, Newsies features a Tony Award-winning score by Alan Menken (Little Shop of Horrors, Sister Act) and Jack Feldman and a book by Tony Award winner Harvey Fierstein (Kinky Boots). Featuring the now classic songs “Carrying the Banner,” “Seize the Day,” and “Santa Fe,” Newsies is packed with non-stop thrills and a timeless message, perfect for the whole family and every audience.
Broadway Boot Camp – Ages 7 – 18
Broadway Boot Camp – July 19 – July 30
Performance Weekend: July 30 – August 1
During this intensive camp, students will train on the following:
- professional choreography
- improv skills
- acting levels
- character development
- character relationships
- opportunity to work with Broadway actors and choreographers
- Classic, Modern, and Broadway Pop
- and much more!
- Students will be divided into similar ages and ability groups.
Broadway Boot Camp is geared towards students with prior theatre experience. Directors reserve the right to discuss whether or not a student is ready for the program.